If you’ve lived in your home for 15+ years, it’s bound to happen – A roof replacement. A new roof can be an unavoidable expense. However, the cost of a shingle roof replacement is much more affordable compared to metal, slate, and/or tile roofs.
Shingles are affordable, readily available, and are a time-tested roof application. Be sure to find a licensed roofing contractor with plenty of experience to install your new shingles.
It’s best to get a quote from a reputable roofing contractor before awarding your work. Here are the main factors a contractor will consider when preparing your quote:
- Disposal Costs – most roofing contractors will include the cost of a dumpster rental in your estimate. Costs vary depending on the dumpster can size needed.
- Size of Roof – Roofers measure a roof in “squares”. Price will vary depending on how many square of shingles will be needed for your roof.
- Roof Complexity and Pitch - The angle of your roof determines its pitch. The steeper the pitch, the more difficult for the roofer. The less gables and dormers your home has will make it a less complex roof.
- Shingle Quality – Architectural shingles can last 20+ years if properly maintained. It can be easy to be lured in by the dirt cheap 3-tab shingles. However, keep in mind that they typically don’t last more than 10-12 years and don’t fair will against high winds, hailstorms, or heavy snow.
- Roof Decking – When tearing off yoru existing roof you don’t have to replace your wood decking if it is in good shape. However, if your roofing contractor finds water damamged boards they will need to be replaced before shingling. Replacing only a few boards can be a very minimal expense
- Roofing Accessories – Be sure that your selected roofing contractor is using accessories that will add to the quality and life of your roof. Ice/Water Shield, drip edge, roof vents, flashings, and chimney flashings all will aid to the longevity of the new roof.
American Classic is able to offer you a turn-key roof when you are ready for a roof replacement. We will quote your project with the highest quality shingles (Certainteed, IKO) and roofing accessories. We will also provide dumpster services using our own American Classic Dumpster Services. Our roofing installers are licensed and provide a high quality roof with top notch service from tear off to clean up.
Keep in mind if you are a do-it-yourselfer, American Classic Roofing and Building Supply can provide all of the Roofing Materials you will need to re-roof your home. We also offer delivery services and will load your roof with shingles to aid you in a faster roofing process.
American Classic is Michigan’s Roofing Headquarters.